Pencil on card 4 x 6 in 10.16 x 15.24 cm
Pot bank Series 6
A pencil drawing of the Gladstone pottery which was owned by the Shelley family after it lay in dereliction.
First opened by the Shelley family in 1787, a pottery factory producing earthenware and out sourcing plates and dishes made by Josiah Wedgewood of Etruria, Stoke On Trent.
The pottery closed in 1970 and was saved from demolition some ten years after it last fired its bottle ovens and finally opened as a working museum in 1974, in the 1990s ownership passed to Stoke-on-Trent City Council.