Pencil drawing on card 4 x 6 in 10.16 x 15.24 cm
A further bottle oven saved and listed by the City Council in the demise of the pottery industry.
Originally built in 1880 for the Smithfield Pottery manufacturers and decorators and taken over by Robert Sherwin Ltd.
Robert Sherwin was a manufacturer of brushes mainly for the pottery industry and finally closed it’s doors after 50 years of business at the beginning of 1984.
The site was purchased by the local authority and is now a Grade II listed building and is the only one of it’s kind to have survived in the Potteries.